Album album new releases

Brandy Rocks A New Hair-DO For YRB Magazine! [Photos]

April 02, 2012Gossipwelove


Singer/Actress Brandy, flaunts a brand new look for the April Issue of YRB Magazine. Inside the spread, Brandy, who’s preparing for the release of her sixth solo album, talks about new projects, an upcoming tour with Monica and why it was important for her to title the new album, Two Eleven. See more below........




On the decision to reconnect with Monica for ‘It All Belongs To Me’

This is more than just a song; it’s an event. It’s the reunion of two artists that made history together. It’s bigger than the song itself. Of course I wanted to come out first on my own so I can stand on my own two feet, but who knew that this Monica thing would come along? I couldn’t say no to that. That would be stupid. The first time [With the Boy Is Mine], we didn’t know each other. We just went to the studio and recorded the song. There was no chemistry there, really, because we didn’t really have any time to sing with each other.

“We would be dumb if we didn’t do a tour. Something has to happen in order for that not to happen, something where you’d have to be like


‘Oh, they called me to be in Avatar 3. Sorry Monica, I gotta do that movie!’ That would be the only thing that would stop me.”

On the decision to title the project, Two Eleven

Some of the titles I was working with were Rebirth, Reincarnation, Reinvention, Resurrection… I just felt like Two Eleven describes all of that. It’s the day I was born, and each year, I evolve and change with time,” she says. “It also has a whole new meaning to it because I gained my angel. My icon is my angel now. It’s all tied in there and I just think it best represents who I am and the responsibilities I have moving on.

It’s taken a minute for me to really figure out the type of artist that I am, the type of music that I need to sing to reconnect with my audience. I just know with this album, I wanted it to be as honest and as real as possible. Sometimes, you can get caught up in wanting to make hits and wanting to get on the radio and performing on everything that’s out there. I just wanted to stay true to who I was. That’s why it’s taken me so long to figure out the right home for me to put my music out there with. Other than that, I wanted my album to represent honesty and clarity and struggle and pain, as well as love, with a different sound and a different edge. That’s what this album is.”



Read more from the interview over at YRB

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. LOL....Brandy looks like a Jackson with that clorox bleached skin. A dried up dog turd in a skirt. I’m disappointed that she approved this mess for the magazine. She need to go watch some Moesha episodes and get her life back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, i don’t think it’s skin -bleaching. and it’s kinda early to be that mean…”you angry at breakfast?!”… but i do agree, she does look lighter. maybe it’s the lighting? idk, i just don’t see Brandy deciding one day to just start bleaching it up…

    ReplyDelete
  3. she doesnt look like that on the game so i dont think she bleached her skin it may be a combination of the lighting, camera flash, and being outside in the sunlight. Also alot of magazines will retouch photos without even telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. West Coast ChickMonday, April 02, 2012

    At this moment I don’t care for this hairstyle on her. It could be the pictures themselves so I’ll just wait til I see it in an interview or something.

    As for the album, here’s an artist, that for the first time in a long time, I am super eager to hear hear her new music. Like, when the hell is this new single coming?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her face is beat! Phaedra Parks mortuary BEAT!
    And I simply CANNOT with you fools talking about bleaching. Get your life and SHAME the devil.
    She looks good with short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks better with long hair.. some ppl do not look good
    with short hair.. face facts lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. she didn’t bleach her skin. Its the light that’s making
    her look like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my problem.....the pictures are over exposed with a gritty effect. If you look at the entire composition it makes sense. Not every photograph should be “regular” to translate artistically. SMH!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Brandy but the photography is horrid. It looks like something bored highschool girls do. Completely washed out. Who ever edited these photos did her beauty NO JUSTICE and does not know what they’re doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOMORROW HISTORY WILL BE MADE WHEN RAP ICON NICKI MINAJ RELEASES HER SOPHOMORE ALBUM PINK FRIDAY:ROMAN RELOADED WHICH FEATURES THE MEGA-HITS STARSHIPS, ROMAN RELOADED, STUPID HOE, BEEZ IN THE TRAP, AND ROMAN IN MOSCOW. SUPPORT GREATNESS AND GOOD MUSIC AS NICKI CONTINUES TO SH*T ON THE HOES THAT DONT RECOGNIZE A REAL BAD B*TCH WHEN THEY SEE ONE. GLUE YA WIGS AND WEAVES TO YA SCALP CUZ NICKI IS BOUTA BLOW YOU AWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg and she wearing Stevie Boi shades! I just got these in the mail I love them. Stevie and Brady better werkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks horrid. I am not a can of this and I’m a Brandy STAN… However her stories are never consistent. She’s on a you tube video saying that she’s been begging (her words not mine)Monica to do this song for years and she picked it and wanted it first. Also I feel she rushe to name the album to gain more attention after Whitney’s death which disappointed me as a huge fan. Not to mention she begs this new boyfriend to propose to her every interview (it’s a bit troubling) Brandys voice is amazing but really now being 30 I just don’t feel anything is authentica about her. She always seems to be insecure and searching. These looks are a mess . But it spoke volumes when she got that tattoo on her wrist and it looked like a p*nis.. People talked and she went and changed it and later tweeted a pic. Not to mention all these guarded answers saying nothing about her brother . It’s like the elephant in the room. I still wish her the best but enough is enough. People respect you being . you, being authentic ..these are just my observations as a fan . I will STILL buy her cd just as I did the last LP that she purposely now never mentions

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anonymous #girlbye ! You clearly aren’t a Brandy stan and your post is pure non sense !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, I agree with you. She look like she sipped a few 211s before this photoshoot. No ma’am!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you and I’ve always said this about Brandy. Even Monica said this in an interview when they were speaking about Aaliyah, that Brandy was always taught to do things ‘the right way’ and always wanted to be seen in a specific way. I think by her doing that, she wasn’t able to truly be herself and now her success is dwindling, she doesn’t know who to be. I just wish she was stronger and wasn’t as insecure because it reflects in her music, like you said with the tattoo, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the pictures…I just wish they wouldn’t have photoshopped her skin to make her appear lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brandy lips spoiled her good looks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first pic looks hot.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form