Celebrity Divorce Cheating Allegations

Usher & Tameka Raymond Custody Drama, Infidelity, & the Oedipus Complex

May 14, 2012Gossipwelove


A love fairytale that ended so fast!

I’m sure by now, you all have read/heard about the nasty custody battle taking place in Atlanta between Usher & Tameka Raymond. I haven’t blogged about it because, to be quite honest, it was all a bit much for me and somewhat confusing. More details below..........


It seemed to be a lot of rumors, he said/she said, and other things that I didn’t really feel like trying to decipher. Additionally, the few times that I have posted here about Usher & Tameka, a LOT of people (definitely not all of you) seemed to automatically side with Usher. Not sure if it was pure fan-manship, or if these nods were based on facts, but when it came to Usher versus Tameka, opinions have absolutely been skewed.

One of the things that stood out most regarding the court case between the two is that at one point, Usher and his attorneys requested that there be no media present during ‘sensitive’ parts of litigation, leaving many people asking ‘What does he have to hide?’


Remember when these pics surfaced? They showed Usher in the park with an unidentified woman and his first son with Tameka. Notice that she’s also one of the bridesmaids in the first pic that I posted (very far left). At some point during litigation, marriage therapist, Sola Winley, took the stand and said that Tameka had been under a great deal of stress. According to him, Usher slept with two of Tameka’s bridesmaids (with one of them being the chick pictured above). Hip Hop Enquirer reports that Usher stormed out of the courtroom after the testimony was given and was stunned at the allegations.

But would it be too far fetched to believe that Usher was capable of doing something like that?

Years ago, Chilli said that she and Usher parted ways because he committed the ultimate no no. Many of us concluded that Usher had to have cheated on Chilli; what exactly was the ULTIMATE no no? Chilli never spoke on the real reasons for their split, and I’m not one to believe every rumor that I hear. However, in knowing that Usher wronged Chilli in some way in the past, infidelity doesn’t seem too far fetched.

Over the years, it’s always been important for Usher to appear single so that he could further appeal to his female fan base. So imagine the surprise when he released Here I Standan album that boasts maturity, as well as a love for his child(ren) and wife.

In this interview on MTV that aired back in 2008, Usher defends his relationship with his (former) wife, saying that when you find the best thing, it’s good to talk about it.
…matter fact, I’m tired of people continuing to talk so much trash about me. My wife is not 40 years old. I love her to death. And I’m a black strong man in America standing up for my people as a man…to my wife, to my son, to my family, I’m making a stand that a lot of us should make. I coulda been like any other man who have a child who just lives with that woman and continue to play the game. I’m trying to do it the right way. This is the way you should do it. Pay attention fellas. AND my wife had nothing to do with me firing my mother or nothing like that. I heard that trash. I hear yall talking crazy out there. She’s a beautiful black woman. Stop it. Stop talking!
Although fans backed Usher through this album and his relationship, many felt that his music ‘stalled’ during that time because of his relationship with Tameka. The blogs also went crazy after this outburst. Tameka became the target, and eventually, they would divorce. Usher was then free to reclaim his ‘ladies man’ status, and later dropped the song, Papers.



And then we have Usher’s current boo and manager, Grace Miguel. Several months ago (and I do mean several), I received an email regarding Grace and how Usher allegedly cheated on Tameka with her. This email also detailed other celebrities that she’d allegedly slept with and various details about her reputation in entertainment. Surprisingly, most of these stories have never made it to the mainstream blogs, and since I’m not a fan of posting those types of emails, the full details never saw the light of day on my blog either.

The two have been photo’ed out and about in various parts of the world, with the most recent being at the Coachella Music Festival. By all outward appearances, it would be safe to assume that they just have an extremely close relationship, but in a recent interview with Billboard Magazine, the twosome decided to make their love public.

Grace (who is the head of Coup D’etat* Management) spoke briefly about her relationship with Usher and why they ‘work.’

Usher’s core team is run like a family who inspire each other to reach our full potential and have each other’s backs, while we create the foundation for his monumental success. That personal connection allows us all to really go the extra mile to help him achieve his goals.
Mixing business with pleasure can absolutely be a double edged sword. While knowing the ins and outs of your lover can work to your advantage, it can also cause you to put entirely too much emotion into things that should be strictly business.

Speaking of emotional decisions, Usher has made a few of those when it comes to his mother, Jonetta. How many times has she been fired in favor of the new lady in his life? Although their business relationship can be more ‘off’ than ‘on,’ the one thing that I’ve noticed is that, in (love) relationships, Usher always seems to be looking for a replacement. He finds love in older women, and once they’re in, it seems that they control damn near every aspect of his life, including his business and relationships with family. We’ve already witnessed how this could be detrimental to his career, but when does Usher decide that enough is enough?

With the new album dropping later this summer, I AM still rooting for him (even though I seriously hate that Scream song). But with all the drama that he’s currently involved in, plus his inability to make the most sound decisions when p-ssy is involved, one can’t help but wonder when Usher’s time will be up.

Sound off: Do any of you feel that Usher’s personal relationships/battles have impacted his music in any capacity? Why or why not?

Do you feel that Usher was at his best when his mother was handling his business affairs?

What are your thoughts on the Here I Stand era of music?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is the best article I've read on the subject! I don't think Tameka is the villian Usher's fans make her out to be. Yes he sings real pretty "Climax" is the jam but we don't no Usher. If you look at any interview Chilli still gooshes over Usher. I think Tameka still loves him as well. So he definitely has somethin. The whole custody battle is a mess...its too bad they can't work it out in private. Hey the mud slinging seems like its gonna be for the long haul. I hope for one she doesn't loose her kids so that he and Grace Miguel can play house. Tameka had 3 kids prior to having his two...he knows the type of mother she is. Usher would have seen neglect a long time ago so these nannies should take a hike. I'd be crazy and stressed out if I had 5 boys, that is a strong women if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely hit on those mother issues....which may be why he wants to do it differently than his dad...but I don't think he co-parents well with all his travels much lest parent solely...think they r better off with their mom. And if he has an engagement out of town during his reg visitation-Just Reschedle Tameka-it's not that serious....unless he's under the influence.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form