barack Obama First Lady

Watch: First Lady Michelle Obama Speak at Democratic National Convention While Barack Tuned In From Home! (Photo+Video)

September 05, 2012GWL Staff


Last night, First Lady Michelle Obama gave a perfect speech to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte. Where she talked about her family and especially loving President Obama more than she did a few years ago.

"You see, even though back then Barack was a Senator and a presidential candidate…to me, he was still the guy who’d picked me up for our dates in a car that was so rusted out, I could actually see the pavement going by through a hole in the passenger side door…he was the guy whose proudest possession was a coffee table he’d found in a dumpster, and whose only pair of decent shoes was half a size too small.

I didn’t think it was possible, but today, I love my husband even more than I did four years ago…even more than I did 23 years ago, when we first met. I love that he’s never forgotten how he started."

Michelle also spoke about her dad wanting her to have a great education and nothing would stop his whatever vision he had for his kids, while praising him for it. Plus, after she was introduced by Elaine Bryce, Mrs. Obama had this to say:

"Thank you so much, Elaine…we are so grateful for your family’s service and sacrifice…and we will always have your back."

Check out the full video below:



Also, President Barack Obama was photographed with his two girls Sasha & Malia as they watch their Mom-In-Chief from the white house.


A few quotes from the first lady's DNC speech that many will be thinking about when voting on October 16.

"He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to help women get equal pay for equal work.

That’s how he brought our economy from the brink of collapse to creating jobs again – jobs you can raise a family on, good jobs right here in the United States of America.

When it comes to the health of our families, Barack refused to listen to all those folks who told him to leave health reform for another day, another president.

He didn’t care whether it was the easy thing to do politically – that’s not how he was raised – he cared that it was the right thing to do.

When it comes to giving our kids the education they deserve, Barack knows that like me and like so many of you, he never could’ve attended college without financial aid.

He believes that women are more than capable of making our own choices about our bodies and our health care…that’s what my husband stands for.


If farmers and blacksmiths could win independence from an empire...if immigrants could leave behind everything they knew for a better life on our shores...if women could be dragged to jail for seeking the vote...if a generation could defeat a depression, and define greatness for all time...if a young preacher could lift us to the mountaintop with his righteous dream...and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love...then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream.

Because in the end, more than anything else, that is the story of this country – the story of unwavering hope grounded in unyielding struggle.

That is what has made my story, and Barack's story, and so many other American stories possible.

And I say all of this tonight not just as First Lady...and not just as a wife.

You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still "mom-in-chief."

My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world.

But today, I have none of those worries from four years ago about whether Barack and I were doing what's best for our girls.

Because today, I know from experience that if I truly want to leave a better world for my daughters, and all our sons and daughters...if we want to give all our children a foundation for their dreams and opportunities worthy of their promise...if we want to give them that sense of limitless possibility – that belief that here in America, there is always something better out there if you're willing to work for it...then we must work like never before...and we must once again come together and stand together for the man we can trust to keep moving this great country forward...my husband, our President, President Barack Obama.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America."
President Obama is set to officially accept party nomination's on Thursday night.

What's your take on the First Lady's speech?

source

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. YES WE CAN!!! I noticed that there are no comments on this post but lots of comments on the everyday gossip posts.... SMH!! Where are people's priorities?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form