Jamie Foxx Leonardo DiCaprio

Sensitive OR Sensible ? SPIKE LEE calls 'Django Unchained' DISRESPECTFUL TO SLAVERY

December 25, 2012Unknown


Although Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" is getting rave reviews from the critics, but famous film director Spike Lee is not as pleased.

"Django Unchained," starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Christoph Waltz, and Kerry Washington, portrays Jamie Foxx as a freed slave who teams up with a bounty hunter to fight the slave owners who captured his wife. The movie hits theaters Today.


Spike Lee spoke out about the portrayal of slavery in the movie in an interview with VIBETV, "I cant speak on it cause I'm not gonna see it," Lee explains. "All I'm going to say is that it's disrespectful to my ancestors. That's just me...I'm not speaking on behalf of anybody else."

Spike Lee took to his Twitter page to reemphasize his position on the movie:

 
Spike Lee

American Slavery Was Not A Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western.It Was A Holocaust.My Ancestors Are Slaves.Stolen From Africa.I Will Honor Them.

What's Your Position On The New Film "Django Unchained" ?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Spike Lee speaketh (RED)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disrespectful Spike...the word slavery is the epitome of disrespect...how can you down the movie and your not even gonna see it. How about you give us a movie Spike....give us your vision and artistic performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Est_Wood77 spike is been hatin on quinton since day one! just mad cuz he cain't make a smash hit movie no more! (007) hi hater

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to see Django Unchained last night and it was nothing short of amazing! I am part African American and Native American. I have slavery in my ancestry on both sides. If Spike Lee would just watch the movie befre he opens his big mouth then maybe he would have at least an informed negative opinion opposed to an ignorant one. He of all people should know, don't make a statement on something you know nothing about. Foolish.
    I'm still a Spike fan but he's been hating a lot lately. SMH
    I hope Leonardo DeCaprio gets an Oscar for his insane performance in the movie, because that surely was NOT the man we are used to seeing in other films. He went there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spike lee always hate on people who are doing better than him. Ex:Tyler Perry!!
    How about being happy for someone else order than urself for once?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form