DJ Khaled interview

DJ Khaled Talks New Album & Comes Clean About Nicki Minaj Proposal.... Just A Publicity Stunt That Failed!

August 01, 2013GWL Staff


Rapper DJ Khaled comes clean about his widely televised marriage proposal to "Young Money" princess Nicki Minaj.

The "We The Best" exec stopped by TT Torez to talk about his new album, "Suffering From Success" slated to drop September 24th, his inspiration behind the album and of course, him proposing to Nicki on MTVnews.

When asked about the proposing to Nicki during the interview, he had this to say:
"I was just having fun with it and showing some love and excitement to my fans... just to connect directly. I was standing talking about I wanna be with you, I just wanted to tap into their emotions for the record and really spread a message."
He even stated that, if he was around a hot female in the studio he'd probably proposed to them too. Watch the interview below:



Check out Khaled's new single, "I wanna be with you," featuring Future, Nicki, and Rick Ross below:



30-year-old Minaj also set the record straight this week saying, “Khaled is my brother and Khaled was not serious with that damn proposal, ya'll,” she said in an interview in a radio interview on Hot 97. “Please let it go. He was kidding... He's not attracted to me, he doesn't like me.” 

The rapstress then added that she was surprised by the ‘proposal’ just like everybody else:
“I was shocked just like the rest of the world and I was cracking up laughing with the rest of the world because Khaled is a master at what he does,” she said. “Nobody in my real life took it seriously. Everybody just hit me like, 'LOL. Yo, Khaled is crazy.”
Basically, the proposal was a 'publicity stunt' to promote the new record.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form