Oprah winfrey

Oprah Apologizes For Stirring Up Controversy Over A Racist Store-clerk!

August 13, 2013Fred


Oprah Winfrey sat down with Larry King last week and during the interview she recounted some racist moments she personally had encountered. One of the stories was a recent encounter in Switzerland, where a woman working at a handbag store told her "she couldn't afford a $40,000 handbag," presumably because of her race.

Seems to be a likely racist encounter, right?  So why did Oprah release an apology?
"I think that incident in Switzerland was just an incident in Switzerland. I'm really sorry that it got blown up. I purposefully did not mention the name of the store. I'm sorry that I said it was Switzerland."
I'm really confused by this one. You have what seems to be a legit racist incident and yet somehow the victim ends up apologizing. I don't get it.  I think it's important for many people to see that racism exists all over the world and even the very famous people are experiencing it.

She shouldn't be apologizing for anything, the exact opposite should be true. The unnamed, by Oprah, handbag store should come forward and apologize. Unless she made the story up. 

But do you think Oprah would make up a story like this?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. im rich bish

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Opra smart lol what she is doing is a I kill you with kindness kind of apology..when the problem happened, she told the lady maybe your right & thank you..took her money else where...but be for she did.. She told all about the situation. Now she may sounds like she is saying sorry but its really a opps mybad Iput your racists county on blast.. I know ya want me to cover it up so heeeeres A sorry..with the i'm bigger than you face..cuz the world already got the bug in there ear of how they treat black ..so its nothing So Opra not lowering her standers just showing they can't affect her.. & they lost out , they was in the wrong. She just be little them with kindness..that's all lol cuz making your self worry About petty like that knowing your above that level makes you just as bad..the deed was done just with mentioning the issue now its up to the people if they want to have dealings with Switzerland..get it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thegreatmonkeysuitWednesday, August 14, 2013

    I guess but sometimes you need to be mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thegreatmonkeysuitWednesday, August 14, 2013

    Haaa, she should have went back in and bought everything in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oprah put the story out right when her movie about racism is coming out...hmmm sounds suspicious to me.... Oprah want that Oscar buzz!!! Oprah, How you doing ( Wendy Williams voice)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ★Javier__Duhhh★Wednesday, August 14, 2013

    Well at least she apologizes, but if I were Oprah I'd do the same since she embarrassed her I'd use that sales woman stupidity to my advantage also

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form