interview Keri Hilson

Keri Hilson Talks About Her Role On "Riddick", Boyfriend Serge Ibaka and Her "Apology" Record!

September 10, 2013GWL Staff


Singer Keri Hilson had the opportunity to showcase her acting skills in a small role in the number one film in America, Riddick

In the movie, starring the sexy Vin Diesel, Hilson plays a prisoner captured by a group of men who want to take down Riddick. Obviously, this role gave Keri a chance to step outside of her comfort zone and really demonstrate what she can do if giving the right opportunity.


Now, GlobalGrind recently chatted with the singer-turned-actress about working with Diesel, how she did her own stunts, what's up with her boyfriend Serge Ibaka, and her "apology" record. 

Here's the highlights:

On what it was like getting ready for her Riddick prisoner scene?
"I remember being very focused and channeled into a very dark place. I had to let go of my personal life. It was a different experience for me. Where as music, I’m writing normally from my truth, in this art form, you have to find it. It’s your job to find how you connect with this character. That was different for me. 
My prisoner role was such a dark scene. And I got to do my own stunts! That was the coolest."

On if Vin gave her any motivational tips:
"No, but they had a stunt person there for me and it was my decision to do it myself. We let her do it maybe one time and then I sent her home. We were just camera blocking and the first time I did it, I just kept doing it and I think she got the hint. Eventually, she was off the set. I don’t think it was something we expressed, but that’s just the way I am. It was long, it was pretty rough on my back and certain parts of my limbs. I definitely had bruises leaving Montreal – and burns – but I loved it."

On fans expecting any new songs in the upcoming months:
"Absolutely! I’m in Virginia as we speak, sitting in my hotel room waking up from my nocturnal life and I’m in (the studio) with Timbaland and we’ll have music for you guys – for my fans – very soon!" 
On her Timbaland-produced "I'm Sorry" track, where she supposedly apologized to Beyonce:
There’s really nothing more to tell about that song. There’s really nothing to be said about it. What I will say, is the way Tim represented my verse is a little off. It’s not something I want to talk about right now. 
It’s not important to me. I’m not even sure if that song will be on the album. It’s not what he made it seem, I will say that.
She then adds:
But I did called him up. We have that kind of relationship where we can speak to each other very candidly and very directly. A lot of our conversations are so deep, so I could really go there with him and let him know how I really feel.

And despite the current reports about them not being together  Keri did reveal that her current boyfriend is "a gift from god."
I feel like God is a comedian, for real. He gave me everything I wanted and everything I thought I didn’t want. You know? He’s like, ‘Ha! You’ve got to trust me. Stop putting limits on who I am and what I do.’ 
I absolutely had limits – I had parameters. I had a huge blockage on the types of guys I would date and just when I was – I had tweeted something, ‘I guess it’s time for me to adjust the parameters of dating,’ or something like that, and it was months before meeting him actually, but it was just saying that sometimes you have to trust God and stop putting rules and limits and parameters on things. 
The moment I accepted that, was the moment he came my way.
Watch the short clip of Keri in action below:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lol didn't even notice that was her in the movie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form