interview Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer Hudson Drops By Chelsea Lately; Talks "Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete," New Single & Praises Ne-Yo & Pharrell

October 11, 2013GWL Staff


Last night, 32-year-old Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson made a guest appearance on E!'s "Chelsea Lately" talk show and experienced a slight wardrobe malfunction.

The "I Can't Describe" singer chatted about her new movie, "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete" in theaters today (October 11th), her new single and upcoming album, and praised the work of Ne-Yo and Pharrell Williams.


In the new movie, Hudson plays a heroin-addicted neglectful mother, Gloria, of a 13-year-old boy who is left to fend for himself in a Brooklyn housing projects when she is taken to prison.


The film marks the third time Hudson has linked up creatively with her friend and executive producer, Alicia Keys. (Fellow American Idol star Jordin Sparks also has a small part in the movie).

Can you believe Hudson has never had a drop of Alcohol in her life?


“It was so intimidating, because I’ve never been un-sober in my life.” Hudson said in an interview with theGrio. “In preparing for the role that was a huge part of it… I got to go to a rehabilitation center and sit with different recovering addicts and they would all tell their stories, and their like, ‘you know what it’s like when your high or when your drunk?’ And I’m like ‘oh my god I don’t.’ I have no idea, so what am I gonna draw from to build my character?”


“I was fortunate to find this lady [recovering drug addict] by the name of Lisa, and she would come sit with me on set every day and walk me through it step by step. I thought those ladies were so brave to be able to sit and tell their stories.”

Watch the full interview below:




BONUS:


On Wednesday, Jennifer performed at the 30th Annual Walter Kaitz Foundation Fundraiser dinner held at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City.





Hudson --posing backstage with Chaka Khan (above) -- rocked a short Peter Pilotto printed dress and Saint Laurent ankle boots.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Usher must have thought he was going to the Country music awards...that hat..has to go...smh

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form