Crazy News

CRAZY NEWS: Woman Dressed Up As Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Gets FIRED From Her Job Following TONS of Backlash & THREATS!

November 06, 2013GWL Staff



During last week's Halloween festivities, a 22-year-old Michigan woman named Alicia Ann Lynch posted a picture of herself on Twitter and Instagram dressed up for Halloween as a victim in April's Boston Marathon Bombing.

Lynch, who used the Twitter handle @SomeSKANKinMI, sported runner's clothing and fake splattered blood.

Social Media users, who tweeted their disgust, were on full attack mode filling her Twitter stream with tons of threats.

According to SHINE:

"But the backlash didn’t stop there. When some discovered that Lynch had once posted a photo of her driver’s license online, they used her home address and other personal information to assist with further attacks. One user tweeted that he sent Lynch a vile package, others found racy photos of her online and circulated them, and some even tracked down her parents’ contact information and sent them death threats."

Shine also added:
The incident triggered a global discussion about basic judgment on social media and whether cyberbullying (in response to Lynch’s costume choice) was justified. Lynch also said, "I’ve had voicemails where they want to slit my throat and they want to hang me and tear off my face. 
I’m just like, I don’t even know how to respond to this right now" and "Honestly, it’s the Day of the Dead. I wasn’t a dead person, I wasn’t being disrespectful. I was a survivor of a marathon. And it’s not like I was walking around with a fake leg or my arm torn off or something like that.” 
She said that she wasn’t concerned about the possibility of prospective employers learning about the incident. “I have nothing to hide. It happened, I made a mistake. I just have to learn from it. I’m not a terrible person,” she said.
As a result Lynch announced on Tumblr that she has deactivated her social media accounts since the onset of the threats and was recently fired from her job, reports BUZZFEED.

Did she deserve to be fired?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form