interview Nene Leakes

NeNe Leakes Says "I'm Doing A Lot Better" Following Life-Threatening Blood Clots On "GMA" + Gets A SURPRISED Birthday Party At STK In Atlanta

December 18, 2013GWL Staff


This morning, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" reality star NeNe Leakes appeared on "Good Morning America" show to speak on her recent health scare and career.

For the first time, NeNe opened up to the show's hosts on realizing something wasn't right with her a day before she was hospitalized due to life-threatening blood clots in her right and left lung:
I was at work. And I started feeling a pain under my right breast that kind of went around to my side and in my back. And then, the next morning, the pain was in those places and on my right shoulder. It was really different. And I wasn't sick as in a cold. I was feeling like -- I didn't feel like something was wrong. My husband, on the other hand, kept saying, you have gas. I'm like, really? This is not gas for a pain to be on my shoulder. I decided to go to the hospital. And once I was there, they tested me. They did a lot of bloodwork. And then, they did an x-ray. And then, a c. T. Scan. And they discovered the clots all over my right lung and some in my left lung. I felt it for two days. The second day I went to the hospital.
She also spoke about her current health:
They're doing photo testing for me, to see if it's genetic or not. Right now, I'm currently on blood thinners, which is helping my blood to be a lot thinner, so the blood clots can go away.
Watch the interview below:

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Speaking to E! News, NeNe shares, "I'm not 100 percent, but I'm trying to get there," adding, "It's been tough, but I've been pretty strong. I'm coming back."

While she's improving daily, the reality star admits that it's an uphill struggle since being released from the hospital last month; "It takes about six weeks to really get back to feeling yourself, but I'm on blood thinners now. I would have to say I'm about 80 percent. I'm doing a lot better."

Plus NeNe's husband Gregg Leakes recently held a surprised birthday party for the RHOA breakout star at STK restaurant in Atlanta-- inviting only close friends and family including NeNe's granddaughter Bri'Asia and new faces to the Bravo show and longtime friends Chuck and his wife Mynique Smith.






According to insiders, "Gregg didn't invite any of the "RHOA" girls to his wife's 46th birthday dinner... because he wanted to avoid any possible drama."

Fun times!

Image credit: FreddyO/GMA

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form