Kandi Burruss News

Kandi Burruss & Todd Tucker Ties The Knot In Atlanta + Todd Jets To L.A For 5 Months Leaving Wifey Home Alone!

April 06, 2014GWL Staff


"Real Housewives of Atlanta" reality star and singer Kandi Burruss and fiance Todd Tucker are officially married. The happy couple tied the knot in front of family and friends in Atlanta last Friday evening.

“This is one of the best days of my life! I never imagined that I would marry my best friend. Todd’s been that to me,” Kandi tells In Touch. “And to have just had the wedding of my dreams, it’s all been so beautiful. Now it’s time to party!”

Before walking down the aisle, the reality star faced tons of negative reasons as to why she should NOT get married to Todd, including a blow out fight with her mom, Joyce, who disapproved of their relationship from the start after believing [Todd] was an "opportunist."

But leading up to the wedding, Joyce however came to terms with Kandi's decision to marry Todd, even though she still thinks the marriage won't last.

“They’re together but I’m out of their relationship,” she said in January. “It’s much healthier. I have rekindled a very healthy relationship with my daughter, and my granddaughter [Riley], and we are in a very good place…I pray and hope that I’m wrong about Todd.”

As for the couple's honeymoon, right after the wedding Todd had to fly out to Los Angeles to work on a new film...leaving Kandi home alone and on their wedding night. Kandi also took to Facebook to explain what really happened. Read her side of the story below:
Good afternoon! I woke up feeling blessed & highly favored this morning & I hope you did too! I just wanted to say thank you for all of your well wishes prayers for @todd167 & I. I know people are asking why am I on IG when I should be on my honeymoon. Well @todd167's has to go out of town to set up a show his company is producing for a network that's just starting production this week. 
We're gonna do a quick getaway next weekend. Although I would have loved to take one of those long honeymoons & fly out the day after the wedding, anyone that watched #RHOA knows that I wanted Todd to produce his own shows & work for his self & that dream is coming true so I'm not complaining! So send him some love & congrats on his show being picked up as well! Even though it means he will be in LA for five months #imexcited #imanewlywed #thetuckers #igottagobackandforthfromATLtoLAfor5months #LifeOfAWife 

Congrats to the happy couple, and we're all routing for them!

BONUS:


Rumor has it that Kandi's bestie Tameka "Tiny" Harris accidentally reveal Kandi's unconventional wedding dress (above) before her and Todd's big ceremony on Friday.

And according to other swirly reports, Kandi and Todd's ceremony was filmed for a Bravo wedding special. Take that Mrs. NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak (where ever you are)!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form