Apollo Nida News

Apollo Nida SPEAKS ON Calling Rapper T.I a "Snitch" & Why He Committed Fraud!

May 19, 2014GWL Staff


Since T.I and Apollo Nida's nasty Twitter exchange (where the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star accused the rapper and Michael Vick of "snitching"), the reality star is now doing some damage control by speaking out about the ordeal during a sit down with V103 radio.


If you can remember, Nida took to his Twitter account last week to talk about pleading guilty to committing fraud and explained that everyone has "snitch" clauses in their plea agreements including T.I. and Vick. Tip wasn't too pleased with Nida's name drop -- insinuating he's a snitch.

The Atlanta rapper confronted Apollo about his tweets, in which Apollo quickly deleted the tweet and apologized.


During an interview with V103's The Ryan Cameron Morning Show, Apollo explained why he tweeted about T.I. being a government informant, and his guilty plea to bank and wire fraud and whether or not he slept with co-star Kenya Moore.


Here's a few highlights from the interview:


On why he committed fraud:


[I] grew up without a mother and father so I didn't want my actions to keep me absent in my own children's lives. Reality TV can bring on a lot of stress, so I felt pressured to sustain a certain lifestyle. I'm not a thief and never took money out of people's account.
He went on to say: 
[In life] things happen. Yeah, I'm remorseful of my actions and this has hurt my family and career tremendously.
The radio host asked [Nida] why he didn’t just get a regular job, he responded, "I felt that wouldn't have been enough money befitting for a reality TV show star."
On calling T.I and Mike a snitch:
"I was wrong for posting the tweet about T.I. and Michael Vick. I NEVER said Tip or Mike were rats. So when T.I. first approached me, I thought he was coming to offer his support. But I soon realized that Tip wasn’t there to do that and he was a little hostile so I jumped back and put my phone up in case I had to do something.
Tip’s friend/rapper Killer Mike recorded the confrontation and I didn’t like the 'ploy' they used because I KNOW T.I. and he could have just called me about the issue. 'You don’t do that,' he said."
Apollo also confirmed that he never slept with Kenya, and as for having marital problems, he said:
"I woke up to his wife this morning. And if we were to separate, the prenup outlines that she would keep what she has and if the checks are not distributed equally--then I would have to do what I have to do."
While he's currently awaiting trial (set for Tuesday, July 8th at 2pm), Apollo says his sentencing is not "30 years" but ranges from 0-30 years behind bars. Although he has no clue on how long he's going to be away, Apollo says he is in "high spirits and believes in a higher power."

BONUS:


According AJC, Apollo told the court that he felt more pressured to commit fraud after knowing how much money Phaedra makes per year.

"[Phaedra] was making far more money than I was and I felt pressured to keep up." (He cited a $600,000 contract for her but didn’t say how long that was supposed to last.) 
Without easy legitimate ways to make quick money, Apollo opted for this illegal scheme instead. But he claimed to her he was running a legitimate debt recovery firm and kept her firmly in the dark.
Apollo revealed that his line of work (including the money) became addictive and difficult for him to stop. “I got sucked in and engulfed and lost sight of things,” he said.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form