Awards Show Celebrity beefs

Did Nick Minaj Really CALL OUT Iggy Azalea at the 2014 BET Awards? Watch Nicki's BET Performance HERE

June 30, 2014GWL Staff


Last night, Young Money first lady Nicki Minaj made some shady comments during her acceptance speech for her fifth win as Best Female Hip-Hop Artist at the 2014 BET Awards show that appeared to be directed toward fellow rapstress Iggy Azalea.


Via Rolling Stone:
"After quasi-plugging her upcoming album The Pink Print, Minaj said, "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it." Then she gestured in a way that seemed like she was locking her mouth and mugged at the audience. 
As the audience cheered, she said, "No, no, no, no, no shade," and smiled at Lil Wayne. The comment about writing her own verses seemed to address rumors that Azalea, who was nominated in the same category as Minaj, employed ghostwriters like T.I., according to Gawker."
Minaj then told a story about Lil Wayne making her perfect her verses in the recording studio.
"I'm still the [number one] female MC that's out here spitting metaphors and making you think," Minaj said. "And I really don’t even care if I get my credit or don't."
The songstress also opened up about her [secret] health scare that she didn't report to the media:
"The other day, literally – I didn't tell anyone this – I really thought I was about to die," she said. "Like I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even wanna call the ambulance because I thought, 'Well if I call the ambulance, it's gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die...' And it made me realize, 'I don't care what anybody gotta say. I'ma do me.'"
Watch the five-minute speech below:



As for teasing "The Pink Print" and releasing a surreal video for the ballady "Pills N Potion" in early June, Nicki Minaj's new album does not have an official release date, but is expected to release sometime this year.

DID YOU KNOW? Nicki and Iggy's feud ignited back in June 2010, all because of Iggy's reckless use of Twitter....dissing Minaj's BET performance. "LMAO at Nikki saying she did the BET Awards live. Errrr. If you say so girl," she wrote before quickly deleting the tweet -- but not before it was re-tweeted by fans.

The tweet however didn't go unnoticed. Nicki responded to Iggy's comment by saying; "Laughing at sh*t u can’t even do … study dat formula … cornball … LMFAO."

Last year, Iggy posted this lenghty message on Twitter explaining the beef:
"Listen. I see a trend on Twitter in the last week that involves people retweeting artists old tweets. I’m talking OLD, done and dusted a** ones. And while I know most artists are gonna go the silent route and ignore that it’s happening, I’m going to talk to you even though I know the people who get hype off the whole thing are immature anyhow. But hear goes: YES. I have an opinion. And NO, even when I’m a fan of someone it doesn’t mean I like EVERY THING THAT THEY do.f
There was once a time when I could crack jokes, talk about TV shows or whose record I hate and whose I loved etc. on Twitter. I can’t do that now. In part because you guys would make life a nightmare and in part because it would just be unprofessional.
But remember there was a time when my Twitter was just for my friends and family to see. Just like yours probably is now. Anyhow – to me, I feel like what you guys are doing is really unfair. That’s my opinion. Right now in 2013.”
In cased you missed Nicki Minaj's performance at the BET Awards show on Sunday, watch it below:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form