Been Charlize

Charlize Theron: ‘I’ve Never Been Single’

November 15, 2011GWL Staff


Charlize Theron is making her grand return to the bigscreen in the upcoming film Young Adult After years out of the limelight, — Plus the sexy South African is single for the first time since she was a teenager. Come inside to read more.......

“I’ve never been single,” she says in the December issue of Vogue magazine, regarding her split last year from Irish actor Stuart Townsend.
“This is the first time in my life. From the time I was nineteen, I’ve been in relationships, literally gone from one to the other within a month.”

She admits that toward the end of their 10-year relationship, most of her energy was focused on making things work and that her acting career wasn’t her priority.
“It was sinking, and I had to give it a fight,” she says. “I really wanted to try and make it work. That was the priority. I wouldn’t do it any different way.”
But jumping back into her work was just what Charlize needed to find herself once again, and she admits that being single has been a good challenge.

“It’s been nice to rediscover myself,” Charlize says. “I had to make a real conscious effort to do it...it’s hard. It’s much easier to lose yourself in flowers and cigarettes and coffee with somebody else.”
To read Charlize’s in-depth interview with Vogue, pick up the December issue on November 22 or click here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form