Dawn Richards interview

Dawn Richard TALKS Working With Diddy, Her Album, & Going Solo With REGARD Magazine! [Photos]

April 20, 2012Gossipwelove


Singer Dawn Richard recently did a multi-spread with "REGARD" Magazine's for their 2012 April/May issue. Dawn was photographed by celebrity fashion photographer Dimitry L. In the mag the singer talked about working with Diddy and what her brand new album will sound like. Check out the pics and more details below........

In "REGARD" 2012 April/May issue, Dawn Richard opened up about her stuggles in the music industry and how she has to keep her Armor On while pushing her own agenda and sound for her new music. She also chatted on working with Diddy and Danity Kane and where she sees her career going. See the highlights of her interview below:

On the breakup of Danity Kane:

There were no drawbacks. I didn't allow them. When one chapter closes, you have to start a new one. For me, if you allow yourself to think there are drawbacks then there will be some. I decided that I would just go harder and find a way to stay dancing inside the music.
On being innovative with P. Diddy and Dirty Money:
I enjoyed the freedom to dream sonically and lyrically. It was less "boxed," more "innovative" and that was the place where I dwelled. So, I was in my element. The edge. The rawness. The sound we created became a platform for others. Whether they admit it or not, we broke boundaries with that album.
On her album's different "sound":
It isn't a different direction. It's a continued one. I've just progressed the sound I already had. I think every album, every experience you have to grow. Each time I came out, whether in a group or solo, I've tried to best whatever I've already put out. It shows growth, strategy, and creativity. Why would you ask a person to buy and believe in a brand that never works to be better? I want to challenge people to grow with me. I like pushing the limits. For this project, I chose to be me. And that in itself, is taking things in a different direction.
On keeping her "Armor On":
Daphne Guinness said it best, "I went out in the world and realized that actually it wasn't such a very friendly place to be." And I thought... We Need Armor... this is the inspiration behind the entire "Heart Trilogy." The EP "Armor On," is the story of why I needed Armor to begin with. My relationship with the industry. Each song is a chapter. I wanted the EP and the albums to be like a musical graphic novel. So the lyrics play a huge role in the music. The words create vivid pictures of battles with love, self, music, and the industry. I wanted the "hearts," (that's what I call my fans/supporters) to relate each song the way they wanted to. I wanted to create layers so each person could dissect the story in a different way. "Is this about God, a lover, the industry, her label, her love life, etc..." These are the questions I want to leave people asking.
See the full pics below:









Nice.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. she looks nice!!! I agree, please no more tats!! you won't be young forever, and its not going to be cute when you get up in age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her skin is gorgeous...BUT that back tattoo is a big NO NO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keisha AKA BabyGirlFriday, April 20, 2012

    Both white shoes are cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like Anita Baker.God Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Dawn looks great. I appreciate the photos of her...they were done well and I like the interview that she gave. I hope she has success in her future because she has worked hard to get to where she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love these pics, they are edgy! edgy they are! love em! and that hairstyle fie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the album after I sat the Droppin Bombs video, and let me tell you, it is the Business! very happy for her soon success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes to that HUGE back tattoo!! But I love Dawn =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is beautiful! sorry to say, their sound was not original. these artist kill me thinking they're the first ones to do something. maybe attaching diddy to it allowed it to reach a new audience though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Dawn. Que did all that chasing her around and doing whatever it took to get her and goes and mess up. Cheating and sh**, and not appreciating what he had. She really didn't want to get with him at first because he is younger than her.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form