Joe Budden Love and Hip Hop Star

Rapper Joe Budden Covers Rolling Out Magazine & Talks The Risky Business Of Being "Joe Budden" & Drug Addiction!

February 01, 2013GWL Staff


"Love & Hip Hop: NY" reality star and rapper Joe Budden is on the covers on Rolling Out's latest February 2013 issue, and talks wanting closure from ex-girlfriend Tahiry Jose, fame causing his drug addiction, and the risky business of being himself. Budden also admitted that his relationship with Raqi Thunda is nonexistent!

Here's the highlights:

On his relationship with Raqi:

“That relationship is nonexistent. I won’t say it’s because of the show. It’s because of her. The show didn’t do anything — to me, anyway. That was bound to come to its end whether the show was happening or not.”
On his relationship with Tahiry:
“Closure would be nice. But that’s a luxury at this point between her and I. Would I prefer it? Yes. Will it ever be? Who the f–k knows?”

On fame leading to his addiction:
“The fame part is the simplest part. You’re more recognized than the average person. Whoop-de-do. I’m filled with too much humility for that to move me one way or another. I’m not altered by it. But all the things that come along with fame probably affected me. And the way I deal with those things today is entirely different.”
On his being himself and failing to change has helped him:
“It’s helped me because I can sleep well at night. I went through a period where I second-guessed everything I did and took advice from other people. And I didn’t sleep well. I decided that I didn’t wanna live that way anymore. Has it hurt the process? Yeah — you get in your own way sometimes and that stubbornness takes its toll. But there’s no reward without any risk. And that’s a risk I’ll always be willing to take.”
On being risky and open about his life:
“Since the time I started rapping, I’ve learned to be transparent. It depends on what those things are [laughs]! But I’m a pretty big risk-taker.”

On why he decided to do the show:
"I didn’t really see a reason to be opposed to [the show]. It was never really something I was ever opposed to. This was just another outlet for people to get a better understanding of who I am as an individual. 
And to see some of the struggles that I went through. If it could help at least one person out there, it was all worth it....If new fans are attracted — [that’s] great. If older fans can get a better understand or another perspective on Joe Budden, then I welcome that, too. 
All things [are] welcome....You wanna make the most out of life. Life is short,” he says of why he ultimately did the show. “You wanna do as much as you can for as many people as you can. That’s just the person I’ve grown into. It wasn’t always the case. … But today, you evolve. Any new experience, opportunity or door that God puts in front of me to walk through, I’m gonna trust him and walk through [it.]”

Check out the full interview here

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sandra Renee HicksFriday, February 01, 2013

    HI -

    He's NOT on Rolling Stone. It's Rolling Out's cover.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form