Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne Says He's "So Ready To Retire"

September 09, 2013Fred


Lil Wayne sat down with TV personality Katie Couric to discuss his life, time in prison and plans on retirement for the Season 2 premiere of  her talk show, Katie.  The episode airs later today, Monday September 9th on ABC.

The rapper reveals it was his mother who talked him into dropping out of high school after she found him packing heat to school..
“I had an album out, I was platinum already, and I was still trying to go to public school,” he explained. “She saw me getting ready for school one day and she saw me putting my gun in my backpack. She said, ‘You gotta bring that to school with you?’ And I remember I asked her, ‘You don’t want me to bring it?’ She thought about it. She said, ‘I do.’
After initially saying his mom asked him to carry a gun, the rapper revealed she decided he should drop out of sschool too, which he did.  Wayne went on to earn his GED and attend college.



Katie also asked Lil Wayne about his kids and his plans to retire.  He says, "I'm So Ready To Retire," and plans to in another five years when Weezy turns 35.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form