Beyonce Breaking News

Beyonce Stirs Up Controversy For Using Audio From NASA's Challenger Explosion In Her "XO" Track + Singer Responds!

December 30, 2013GWL Staff


This morning, Beyonce came under fire for using audio from NASA's 1986 space shuttle, 'Challenger,' tragedy in her 'XO' track.

According to reports, NASA employees (including the family members who lost loved ones in the shuttle that exploded 73 seconds after liftoff from Kennedy Space Center on January 28) feels that the singer mocked the 7 crew members death.

In the track, Beyonce used (now retired) NASA public affairs officer Steve Nesbitt's voice on the intro for her song 'XO' where he says, "Flight controllers here looking very carefully at the situation. Obviously a major malfunction."

Shortly after getting a hold of the reports, Beyonce released the following statement via ABC News about using the 'Challenger' sample:
“My heart goes out to the families of those lost in the Challenger disaster. The song ‘XO’ was recorded with the sincerest intention to help heal those who have lost loved ones and to remind us that unexpected things happen, so love and appreciate every minute that you have with those who mean the most to you. “The songwriters included the audio in tribute to the unselfish work of the Challenger crew with hope that they will never be forgotten.”
BONUS:

Beyonce has also released part 4 of her promotion video for her self-titled album, Beyonce," entitled, Liberation. She revealed:
"I was very aware of the fact that I was showing my body. I was 195 pounds when I gave birth. I lost 65 pounds. I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can have your body back… You could have your child and you can still have fun and still be sexy and still have dreams and still live for yourself. I don’t have any shame about being sexual. I’m not embarrassed about it and I don’t feel like I have to protect that side of me."
Check out the clip below:



Photos of Beyonce and Jay Z PARTYING IT UP With Bow Wow, Jeezy, Timberland, Jermaine Dupri & many more at Atlanta's Reign nightclub last Friday night:



Image credits: Film Magic/PrinceWilliams.Net

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form