Brooklyn Tankard celebrity arrests

"Thicker Than Water" Star Brooklyn Tankard Speaks On Recent Arrest: "I Would Never Do Anything To Neglect My Daughter"

February 20, 2014GWL Staff


Yesterday, we reported that Bravo's breakout star Brooklyn Tankard was arrested on Sunday (Feb. 16th) during a routine traffic stop in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

The single mom and businesswoman was stopped after leaving a church service and spending time with family. After a routine background search, the uniformed officer informed Ms. Tankard that a warrant had been issued for her arrest for her failure to show up to truancy court. Completely unaware of this court date and appearance, Ms. Tankard did not attend, and was subsequently arrested. Brooklyn is complying with all court orders, requests, and has been released.

Brooklyn spoke exclusively with Madame Noire, discussing the details of her arrest, how she's moving forward, and the deep love that she has for her 10-year-old daughter, Diamond, whom is excelling in school.

Here's a few highlights from the interview:

On if she was aware of the outstanding warrants:

No. Had I been aware that my daughter’s attendance issues were becoming a legal matter, I definitely would have taken care of it.

On the real reason for her daughter to miss 51 days of school:

Some of those days she legitimately didn’t feel well, and the absences weren’t excused because I didn’t always take her to the doctor to get a doctor’s excuse. I felt comfortable staying home to monitor my daughter’s health and allowing nature to take its course, as long as she didn’t get a high fever. If she was a newborn infant then of course I would have taken her to the doctor. But as experienced mothers we know that a light fever can be cured with over-the-counter fever reducers. And a few of the days I’m sure she said she didn’t feel well just so she could snuggle with me. What can I say? I fell for it; she’s my only daughter and my spoiled little princess. Diamond’s tardiness is simply a lack of time management on my part while trying to adjust to our new schedule.

On folks saying she has been neglecting her motherly responsibilities:

ANY time my daughter missed school she was with me, under my care. That needs to be clear. It was NEVER an issue of me not being there to take her to school or be there for her. I am always there for my daughter and would never do anything to neglect her. Like most moms, I don’t play about my daughter. Don’t buy the hype.

On dealing with scrutiny that comes with being a celebrity:

This whole experience just really reminds me that I can’t live a normal life anymore. It’s like, “Welcome to the world of celebrities and fame.” I can’t have normal issues or normal mistakes because they get blown up. In my daughter’s old school district, kids could only miss five days of school and three tardies add up to one absence, so that’s how the total number of missed days got so high. Of course there are some media outlets reporting that she missed more than 50 days of school, and that’s just not true. But I’m learning that that kind of embellishment just comes with the territory.

On moving forward:

The main thing is that if she is sick again, I will take her to the doctor to get a note. Period. Also, I have gotten better with my time management and will continue to improve in that area. Now that I’m more aware of the school attendance procedures I’ll be sure to meet the tight guidelines and stay in compliance.

Brooklyn also issued a statement to all of her fans and supporters reassuring them that she and her daughter, Diamond, are doing very well.

Read the full interview HERE

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bossip

Contact Form